Trust me this is a question i have googled many times, and I’m sure a lot of you have also looked to google for help and advice. The problem is there's so many theories and tips out there, it’s hard to know what will actually work. Some people say if you post regularly the followers will naturally come, but that isn’t necessarily true. You have to work hard and work constantly to grow your account and I’m going to be honest you do have to be very patient with this.
So here are some ways that can help you grow your Instagram following that i have tried and tested for you...
Engage with your audience, Social Media is called ‘Social’ for a reason:
- It’s a must to connect and engage with your followers you already have. The more photos you like and comment on, the more people will come across your account and hopefully follow you.
- Message your followers directly and compliment them on something, i can guarantee they will love it and probably overload your feed with likes and comments.
- Comment back on your followers photos. This will show them that you have noticed them and they are more likely to keep commenting on your posts.
Get reposted on brands accounts and other big inspo accounts:
- Work with brands but on a gifting and repost basis. Try and get them to want to repost your photos. If they do their followers will see this photo and hopefully click on your account and follow you. This is probably one of the main ways to grow your account, i find it really does get you noticed.
- See what the brands instagram photo style is and see if you can imagine your images on their feed. If not, think about how you can make your images more like the ones they post. For example are they mirror selfies or street style shots.
- Most brands will only repost your photo if the clothing is from their New In section. Bare this in mind when your choosing your outfit to shoot. Note: Sometimes they will only repost if every piece of clothing in the photo is from their brand.
- Tag some inspo accounts that you think will like your photos. Hopefully one of them will repost you.
Connect with other bloggers:
- I don’t just mean commenting on each other’s photos... I mean actually meet up with them, hang out, talk about each others blogging and become genuine friends with them. Working together and taking photos together won’t only be fun but you might learn some tips off one another.
- Organise a giveaway with some of your favourite bloggers. Give away a prize to one or more of your followers. To enter all they have to do is follow you all in the group. It’s really that simple! It’s a great way of new people finding you.
Use other social networks to your advantage:
- Make a youtube channel, grow on there and mention your instagram in your videos. It’s meant to be a lot easier to grow on youtube than Instagram because of all the suggestions that come up, so use this as a source of advertising.
- Use apps like 21buttons and liketoknowit. These are great apps that can help your instagram get exposure.